Repairs While You wait * (Including Saturdays.)
*Not always possible when it’s busy.
We will always try to complete a simple repair while you wait if you’re coming a fair distance.
Please ring to discuss this first…
…and set a suitable day/time when we can look at it straight away…(* Some jobs however just aren’t practical to do ..”while you wait” so ask for advice first)
there’s plenty to do round here to pass a couple of hours …. We’ve a great ACE centre cafe in Nelson…or there’s Boundary Mill in Colne, or Pendle Heritage Centre, or Barley village & Pendle Hill to pass the time while you wait?..
YES WE DO … specialise in the repair ALL types of HIFI……..
Google rightly brought you here as we are one of the last surviving specialists that can still repair just about anything……
We have Full workshop facilities on the premises and we don’t send any equipment away for repair..
We have really passionate knowledgeable people on this end of the phone you can speak to… (How rare is that nowadays?)
Stuart on the phone has a lifetime of experience in the Hi-Fi audo trade
Brothers Andrew & David in the workshops (having grown up into their dads Hifi shop and with over 30 years experience), are experts in the REPAIR & SERVICING of HI-FI & Home Cinema from most manufacturers.
We can fix most Amplifiers, Turntables, CD players, Cassette decks, Home cinema amps, Speakers etc and have a very good success rate… but not everything is fixable..and many spares are unavailable now, so it may not always be possible to complete a repair with new parts. That usually doesn’t stop us however, as we have shelves full of used parts and panels that can often be raided to find something suitable and allow us to engineer a fix. By all means contact us for advice as I’m sure we will have seen your make & model before and will know all its common faults.
As we specialise in Hi-Fi, we sadly don’t offer a repair service for TVs and camcorders. TVs panels & boards are mostly unavailable or too expensive. Camcorders all usually have corroded boards due to sitting idle for many years with capacitors leaking.
We are a YAMAHA AV SERVICE CENTRE for out of warranty repairs….. and specialise in the repair of JVC, Pioneer, Marantz & Japanese brands in particular
Plus we have Decades of experience on TEAC, Roksan, Linn, Arcam, Systemdek, Rega, Quad, Musical Fidelity, Project, Dual, Denon, Michell, KEF, Celestion, Kenwood, Panasonic, Technics, Audio Analogue, Krell, Chord, Akai, Hitachi, Sony, Thorens to name just a few…
Our Repair charges are very reasonable…however, to survive, we can’t work for nothing.
- But….We don’t have a minimum charge just for bringing a repair in…we believe that isn’t fair. Though it does take time to trace through a fault, to get to that point of whether it can be repaired or not. So a time cost of £10 will be charged if it proves impossible or impractical or uneconomic to complete a repair.
- Workshop time is billed at £30 per hour, which we believe is one of the most reasonable rates you will find. Often we will limit this to 2-3 hours even if we spend more time sussing out a difficult fault….Why should you pay for us to learn a new fault?
- Please also bear in mind that old hifi may have quite a few problems besides those you may have already noticed…all due to aged belts or leaky components and seized mechanics, so we really need to examine your unit before we can assess whether it can be sorted.
- We do offer a Mail order repair service- Contact us first please to discuss to: email@example.com , then send your unit to 92 Manchester rd, Nelson, Lancs, BB9 7HD, packaged suitably for transport. Please Ring for advice on how to pack fragile turntables etc if you are unsure, as they’re easily damaged. Basically lots of bubblewrap round the corners so if the outer box is dropped, the deck can’t hit the box.
- Goto Interparcel.com you can cheaply book most parcel companies for around £10 each way – our preferred carrier is UPS.
We are ever so friendly and happy to discuss whatever it is that needs fixing….just look at our many Google & Facebook 5* reviews.